Booking Terms and Conditions
Here are our detailed terms & conditions which we hope you will find reasonable and acceptable. These are deemed to form an integral part of your booking. Please contact us if you have any queries.
- Basic Legalities
- Your booking is for: Stonecrop Holiday Cottage, Eals, near Slaggyford, Brampton CA8 7PG - Owner: Richard Parker - Tel: +4401768361509 Mob: 07718523046 - Email: Richard Parker - Address: Eastgate Milburn Penrith CA10 1TN.
- The person making the booking (the 'guest') must be over 21 years of age; must be present throughout the let and must be willing to take full responsibility for any breakages, damage or loss to the property or any contents during the period of occupation.
- Although we will do everything we reasonably can to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable stay at Stonecrop cottage, the owner will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting. We advise you to arrange your own insurance to cover yourselves and your personal belongings whilst staying at the property.
- The property is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
- Holiday lettings are for the dates agreed, from 3pm on the date of arrival to 10.00am on the date of departure, unless otherwise agreed in writing. The property must be vacated promptly and keys returned at the conclusion of the agreed let.
- The guest shall not sub-let the property or any part of it.
- The owner and his agents reserve the right of access to the property in the event of an emergency. If at all possible this will be agreed in advance with the guest.
- The rental of the property includes rates, insurance of the property, wi-fi access, logs/fuel and electricity. The property is equipped with crockery, cutlery, kitchen equipment and adequate cleaning equipment, linen and towels.
The booking policies as listed below, only apply to bookings made directly with the owner and not via other sites.
Anyone booking via either Airbnb or Tripadviser/Holiday Lettings will be subject to the booking policy(s) applicable to that site
- If the booking is made within 6 weeks of the letting the whole of the rental payment is to be made before your booking can be confirmed. If the booking is made prior to 6 weeks of the letting a non-returnable rental deposit of £100 per week is required. The remaining balance of the rental sum is then due 4 weeks prior to the letting. Non payment by the due date will be deemed as a cancellation.
- Payment can be made by cheque or via a bank transfer (details will be provided).
- If a cancellation is advised more than 6 weeks in advance of the letting the balance of any monies paid, less the rental deposit, will be returned to the guest. If the cancellation is advised at least 3 weeks in advance of the letting the owner will retain 50% of the rental sum (or the deposit, if greater). No refund can be given for any cancellation within 3 weeks of the letting start date. No show (no arrival / no communication) on the letting start date will be deemed as a cancellation. We advise you to arrange appropriate holiday cancellation insurance.
- If the owner has to cancel the booking for a reason outside his control, this will be advised with as much notice as possible and a full refund of monies will be given. If possible, we will help with finding alternative accommodation. However the owner cannot be held responsible for any further or consequential loss.
- The owner and his agents reserve the right to refuse entry to the accommodation to anyone who, in their opinion, is unsuitable to occupy the property. If this unlikely situation was to occur we would refund the rental cost in full, the contract would be terminated and we would have no further liability.
- The number of people occupying the property may not exceed the number stated at the time of booking. Pets are permitted at the property (maximum of two dogs unless otherwise agreed in writing by the owner).
- The guest agrees to keep the property and all fittings, furniture, equipment and other contents in or on the property in a like state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the letting and will make good (or will arrange with us to make good) any damage, breakage, or loss that may occur during the period of letting. It is important that you advise us immediately of any problems so we can sort things out for yourself (if timescale permits) and for the comfort and convenience of future guests, who may be arriving shortly after you leave.
- The guest commits to ensure that no member of their party causes a nuisance or disturbance to other residents in the neighbourhood. Particular care must be exercised to ensure that dogs are kept under close control at all times and that is is unlawful to allow dogs to worry sheep (which may be grazing in the neighbouring fields). A maximum of two dogs are allowed at the Cottage and pets are not permitted upstairs.
- The guest and his/her party agree not to smoke, nor to allow smoking, inside the property at any time.
Guests are asked to leave the property clean and tidy on departure in a similar condition to how they found it on arrival, in readiness for the next guests arriving. We reserve the right to levy an additional charge if the property is left in a dirty or unclean condition.
Regards Richard Parker